In our mission to serve patients and employ staff from a variety of backgrounds, Eugene Eye Care Associates strives to be a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. Our office is a safe space for all people regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or other identity markers not listed here.
Further, the practice prides itself on providing patients world-class eye care, including for those who are under-insured and under-served. We believe it’s everyone’s right to receive the healthcare they need in a supportive environment in order to live better, fuller lives.
As part of our commitment to continual improvement, we invite you to join us in dialogue on how we can better serve our patients, team members, and community.
We will continue to:
- Provide flexible payment options with zero-interest or finance fees
- Serve Medicare and Medicaid patients
- Offer our expert services to those supported by the Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation Voucher program free of charge
- Employ a diverse staff from a variety of backgrounds that reflects the community in which we serve
- Staff multilingual employees and provide resources for non-English speaking, monolingual, and Limited English Proficiency populations
- Be open to constructive feedback from patients and staff
- Hold monthly staff meetings to address and suggest changes and improvements for the practice
- Log, listen and address instances of workplace harassment
- Donate to local and national charities and causes related to equity and inclusion
We will commit to:
- Developing more resources for non-English speaking, monolingual, and Limited English Proficiency patients
- Prohibiting public expressions of bigotry and intolerance within the practice – including but not limited to verbal aggressions and microaggressions, written language on clothing and body art, and symbols of hate
- Educating and empowering staff with the aid of workplace diversity, inclusion and sensitivity trainings
- Seeking out local and national charities and causes in need of our time or resources
We acknowledge the rights of patients and staff to freedom of speech and expression. When this comes at the expense of the well-being of others, we would like to continue making our practice a place of health, safety, tolerance, love and understanding for all peoples. We want to thank everyone for their continual support in our commitment and we look forward to serving you for many years to come.